Tuesday, February 26, 2013

February 26 - Peru week 4

Ben leaves for Ecuador on March 12.  After the pouch for this week.  Send letters to the Ecuador Guayaquil South Mission.  He is loving the Dearelder.com letters that go through the pouch! Here is this weeks email:


Hola, mi familia. Thank you so much for the letters I receive every week. I love them so much. I was excited to get that letter from Andy. I wrote him a letter and it should have gone out Monday. These past two weeks have gone by so much faster than the previous two. I am so excited to actually get out into the field in two weeks. I am excited to hear about my new Mission President.  Thanks for how loving you guys are. It makes me so happy to know how great of a family I have. It is true that we had a tuna and hotdog sandwich for breakfast the other day. It was disgusting. The food situation has been pretty bad here. I am very excited to report that they fired the old company that made the food and we had a brand new company this morning. It was awesome we had bacon and fried eggs. The orange juice was real. It was amazing. I was so happy. Hopefully we will not have as many sick people around here. I am super excited to hear where Steve will be serving his mission. (Steve is Ben’s good friend that will get his call this week.)  I wish I could have been with there for Olivia's family night lesson. I am sure it was awesome and probably full of information. Mom, for your lesson in young women’s this Sunday on the Atonement, the only thing I would suggest is to tell them that the Atonement is not only just for sins, although that is extremely important, it is also for all manner of afflictions. I know that Christ has felt all the pains of the world, he has been through everything we will go through and he will always be there for us. He will be right there besides us as we go through the challenges of this life.

On Saturday I had the opportunity to go proselyting again. It was pretty awesome except nobody wanted to talk to us. It seemed like everyone was not home or they just flat out ignored us. We were able to teach three lessons, but they all refused to give us their information for the other missionaries to contact them. Proselyting is always a crazy experience. The dogs here are crazy, I almost got eaten last time. There was a little kid last Saturday that thought I was a monster because I was the tallest person he had ever seen, and I was white. Sorry I am almost out of time and the computer shuts off after thirty minutes so I just want to tell you guys how much I love you all. I miss you guys so much every day. My Spanish is improving and when I am teaching lessons I actually teach pretty well. Yo se que la iglesia es verdadera. Yo se que Jesucristo vive. Yo se que la familia es por eternidad. La familia es mas importante en mi vida. Estoy aqui para ensenar esta mensaje de falizidad. I know that this church is true. I am so grateful for it. It gives me comfort every day. I know that Christ died for all of our sins. He has felt all the pains we may have in this life. I know all this is true, In the name of Jesus Christ Amen. I love you all so much!!!!

Love, Elder Benjamin Duzett

 

No comments:

Post a Comment