Wednesday, February 13, 2013

January 31st - Peru MTC

Ben Arrived Safely in Peru

Dear Family, I have made it to Peru. It has been an adventure for sure. My luggage did not come on the plane. Who knows when I will get it. I do not have a companion yet because he has not yet arrived. I think he is the Elder who did not make our flight. We did not get to the CCM until around 2:30 last night. We were able to sleep in today until 9:00 but I did not sleep that long. The electricity is 220 here so I will have to get an adapter or live on batteries for a little while. The flight to Atlanta was long and it made me sick but the flight to Peru was long but smooth. There was a Senior Missionary on our flight into Peru who was coming back after visiting her daughter because she just had a baby. She helped the elders get through to our ride and fill out the form because Elder Richards and I did not get our luggage. Our luggage should be delivered here but who knows how long that will take. Everybody here speaks to me in Spanish and I have no idea what they are saying most of the time but I have already started to learn a little bit. I am in a room with four spanish elders so I can not really speak to them yet. Anyways this adventure has been a blast so far. The drive through Lima was awesome. It was like wow, welcome to South America. We are so lucky to live where we do. It is awesome to be here with these people and to see a different culture. It has already been a humbling experience being here. But even with all the changes in scenery and culture the gospel is still the same. Through all of the challenges the church is still and will always be true. I know this to be true and I am so thankful to know that. Anyways I am here safe. I love all of you so much.  Ali, Will, Olivia, how is school going? Anyways I love you all so much. I thank you all for being the best family anybody could ever ask for. This is why I love this gospel so much because I can be with you forever. Love Elder Benjamin Duzett

No comments:

Post a Comment