Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Lessons Learned

Hola Familia,
  I hope that everyone is just great! This week was pretty great! We were able to see some success here in our sector. We were able to have an experience that was pretty awesome! It started last week when we decided to talk to a man on the street. His name is L T. He lives with his wife and kids. He is 54 years old. He seemed kind of interested so we got an appointment. We then could not find his house but this last week we saw him outside his house and we made another appointment for the next day. When we went the next day he invited us in. He explained how he has had problems because he has been out of work for 2 years and he has been pretty sad about that. He had doubt that Heavenly Father was listening to his prayers. We taught about prayer and faith. He was a little bit happier. We gave him a Book of Mormon and after we finished the lesson walking out my companion and I gave him a big hug! Than we made another appointment a couple of days later. When we went back to the second appointment it was awesome. He explained to us how he had been praying and he had felt better in his life. He said he felt something different in his life. He then explained that when we taught him the first time he felt it but he told us that when we gave him a hug he felt that we weren´t just preachers. He felt that we were really sent from Christ. He felt the love of Christ he told us. He told us that he wants to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ and he wants all of his kids grandkids and great grandkids to come to be members of the Church of Jesus Christ. It was a great experience for me and my companion. I know that he could feel the great love in my companion. I am so grateful for him and his great spirit. I testify that if we show real love and charity even the hardest of hearts can change. I am so grateful for what I learned this week from this experience. I also learned that teaching is not just talking, it is showing. I am so grateful for Heavenly Father and for the chance he gave me to have this experience. I know that the Lord listens to peoples prayers and really puts them in the place that need to be at the right time. I love you all so much and I hope you all have a great great week!!
Con Mucho Mucho Amor
Elder Duzett

No comments:

Post a Comment