Monday, March 3, 2014

13 Months in the Mission and Carnaval!!

Hola Familia, 
Estoy escribiendo temprano por motivo que es Carnaval! We can only write right now. And then we go work for two hours and the rest of the day we will be in the house. Yesterday after church we were in the house all day. From 11 30 in the morning, it was kind of weird. I was able to find some pretty sweet scriptures though so it was all good. Tomorrow as well we can only leave for 2 hours to teach. Carnaval is pretty crazy. After church, walking home, some dude only threw a bucket of water on me but he was drunk so he was not even close when we dodged it. It is kind of crazy. This week was kind of weird, I don´t know why, maybe it is the Carnaval and all that. We are super happy because we had a baptism this week. We had the baptism and confirmacion of Hermano  T. He is from Colombia. He is pretty sweet. He is going to go out with us teaching all day on friday. That will be great because he has a lot of friends. Hopefully we will be able to find a bunch of new people. We were able to find a great new family this week. The parents are not married but they are planning on it real soon which we are happy about. The Dad is super awesome. He talked with missionaries 7 years ago and still has is Book of Mormon. He works on Sunday but we will see what happens. His kids are all getting baptized on the 22 of March, but the goal is the whole family. Unfortunately our baptism for this week fell. Hermano D told us on Sunday that he does not want to commit anymore to anything. It was sad, but I know people have their agengy and that really is hard but I know it is so important. I am so grateful for all that I have learned here on the mission and what I am still learning. I am so grateful for Christ and his sacrifice for all of us. I am grateful for the scriptures and all that we learn from them. I was reading in Juan 5 17. Dad you wrote me to read that scripture my first day in the mission and I love it. I know that it is work and sometimes it is hard work but I know that we receive great treasure and blessings. I know that this work is true. I am so grateful to be part of it. I love you all so much and I hope you all have a wonderful week!!! I love you all eternally!!
Con Mucho Mucho Amor
Elder Duzett
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment