Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Conferencia General and a New Companion

Hola Familia, Espero que todo esta bien con vosotros. I am doing pretty great here. The conference was pretty great. We talked the stake into letting us have the conference here in our ward so we would not have to bring all of our investigators an hour away. I was able to see all of the conference Sunday and the second half of the priesthood session. We had to get permission to go to the priesthood session. We had to run down a mountain to make it to the second half though. We went to visit a family up a mountain. The conference was super awesome. It was awesome because this conference I could understand what they were saying without too much difficultly. This week was a pretty crazy week. Wednesday we got a call at 11 at night and they said that Elder Castañeda was getting transferred. They said that I had to travel to Machala the next day to bring my companion here to azogues. I was in a bus for like 12 hours on Wednesday. It was not that fun. They also said that I am now District Leader. It is kind of crazy because now I am senor companion and I have the responsibility of the companionship. It is kind of stressful!!! My new companion is Elder Bohorquez from Lima, Peru. He is pretty cool. He has 3 months in the mission. I finished up his training. It was interesting being able to study an extra hour in the mornings. I was able to learn a lot. We had a pretty good week. We were able to bring 8 people to church was pretty great. We will have to work with these eight people to help them get baptized. We are still working hard to find more people that can get progress and get baptized. I am grateful for this opportunity that I have to be working here in Azogues. I am grateful for the ward!! I am grateful for the conference. It was awesome. The spirit was so so strong during President Monsons talk. I loved the talk from President Uchtdorf in the Priesthood session about helping people up. I can see that every day. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to help people get up and the opportunities that we have to have trials that we can stand up as well stronger than ever. I know that this is true. I know that Christ suffered for every trial that we have. I know that through our trials we can stand up stronger. There is a verse that I really like in The Book of Mormon that says are trials will be consumed in the light of Christ. I know that this is true. And Mom HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FELIZ CUMPLIAÑOS!!!!!!! I hope that you have a great birthday tomorrow. Keep your eyes on the mail next week!! I love you so much Mom!!! I hope you have a wonderful week. I hope that you all have a wonderful week full of super cool experiences. Thank you all for you prayers!!! We are going to use that power to bring a super strong program here!!! Anyways I hope that you all have a great week. I love you all and pray for you all continually. Love, Elder Duzett





No comments:

Post a Comment