Monday, August 26, 2013

The House on the Banana Estate

Todd's translation of Spanish in parentheses.

Hola Familia, Como estan. Espero que tuvieron una semana con muchas experiencias buenas. (Hello Family, How are you. I hope you had a week with many good experiences) Espero que escuela, colegio, todo fue excelente. Esta semana tuvimos una buena semana. (I hope that school, high school, all was excellent. This week we had a good week.) Fuimos lejos contactando un dia. Fuimos caminando casa a un finca de banana. (We were far away contacting one day. We were walking by a house on a banana estate) Allì encontramos una investigadora muy buena. Ella tiene 22 anos. Se llama Anna Gabriella. (There we found an awesome female investigator. She is 22 years old. Her name is Anna Gabriella.) Lo siento allì es un poco de mi espanol. Todovia estoy aprendiendo! (I’m sorry there is a little of my Spanish. I am still learning!) But we found this girl with her mom. We helped them carry a big jug of water to their house. We then taught her the Restoration. Afterwards, she started talking about how she was looking for more peace in her life. She started to cry about her past experiences. She then said she was for sure coming to church with us yesterday. On the second visit she told us that she believes the Book of Mormon is true. Then on Sunday she was sitting waiting for us to take her to church. She said she had read a chapter of the Book of Mormon every day. It was awesome. She is preparing for her Baptism on the 14th of September. I hope and pray that everything will go well for that. I am not sure if I will be here for it though. Tonight is when they are calling for the transfers. Most likely I will get transferred but we will see. I will go wherever Heavenly Father needs me. I have met some great people in this ward. The mission is definitely awesome. I did get my music this week. Thank you guys so much. And thanks for the Hectors sticker. It made me laugh. Health wise I am perfectly fine. My anxiety is not really too bad at all anymore. A couple weeks ago I did get sick. I woke up in the middle of the night and threw up 10 times. It was kind of horrible but really it was a blessing because now I am not really scared of throwing up!! It had to happen eventually and now hopefully I have got it behind me!! But now I am totally better, no pasa nada! (nothing is wrong) Well I love you all very much. I miss you all very much but I know that you are all in the Lord’s hands. Mom safe travels this week. Saludos a todos en Denver! (Hello to everyone in Denver) I hope you all have a wonderful week.

 Love, Elder Benjamin Duzett


Baptism pictures from last week




1 comment:

  1. Its fun seeing Elder Christensen in these pictures...I miss that cute smile in Jesse's pictures!!

    ReplyDelete