Monday, August 12, 2013

Another Awesome Week!!

Hola Familia, Espero que todo esta bien con ustedes!! This week was pretty great here! On saturday was had 2 baptisms and on Sunday the 2 confirmations! It was pretty awesome. Cristel was so excited. She is super happy! We stoppped by her house today and she was reading the Gospel Principles Manual and she is almost read the whole thing. She will be super awesome there in Italy. Eunice is also super chevere. She is from Spain but lives with her aunt and uncle her. Her mom lives in Spain and told here that she could not get baptized. She went and told her mom that she was getting baptized because she wants to and not because anybody else wants her to and that she was getting baptized whether she likes it or not. She is eight and super awesome. The baptisms went pretty great! Yesterday we were only able to help 6 investigators to church which is not great but not horrible. We were glad that the 4 that have baptism dates came to church. We have an investigator named Adilen Mendoza. She is the niece of the Ward Mission Leader. The missionaries have been working with her to get baptized forever. We found her in the area book when I was with Elder Oneill. We invited her to go to church and she went and she has been going to church since with her mom who is inactive but she kept telling us no to baptism. For like two months she has been saying this. Yesterday we had a miracle. She came up to us and said that she is getting baptized this Saturday. I was like what!!!!!! It is so awesome. She is 19! We have been working with her family for ever. Her Grandma is the funniest lady ever. She always gives me bones whenever we are shaking hands to leave. Adilen will be a super strong member. She received an answer and is taking a step of faith. I am super excited for her. It was a super happy day!!! Also three of Kevin's siblings are also getting baptized this Saturday. The mom still does not want to have anything to do with us but she wants us to teach her kids and that her kids go to church. Kevin will have to be the dad and take to church. Their dad passed away like two years ago so hopefully we will be able to help the mom realized the plan of salvation. I am super excited for the baptisms on Saturday and the confirmations on Sunday. It will be a great week. We are doing great here. The mission is pretty awesome. The time goes by super super fast here. I got an email from Elder Burns today which was pretty awesome. He says he is going to take me to New Zealand someday. That would be sweet. Anyways, I am loving the mission. I am learning new things everyday and learning to recognize the spirit! I know we can feel the spirit always if we just look for it. I know that this church is true. I know that this is the Church of Jesus Christ!! I know he lives. I know that our Heavenly Father is guiding our lives! I am so thankful for this gospel. Les amo muchisismo! Nos vemos ya mis mito! I love you all so much!! I hope you all have a great week!!! 
Love, Elder Benjamin Duzett
 P.S i still dont have the music but I am sure it will be here soon.

 Oh and Machala is a lot cooler than Guayaquil. It is a lot cleaner and it is also a lot safer. Also Machala is the place in the mission with the most baptisms!! It is awesome here!!













No comments:

Post a Comment