Monday, September 23, 2013

Can't Wait for Cuy!!


Hola Familia, Como están allí en Cali! I know that part of San Diego pretty well!!! We were a couple blocks north of the rollercoaster. I hope that you are all having a wonderful time!!! That is what I am talking about Utah!!! This week was a pretty good week. We were able to find some more people to teach. We were able to have 4 people come to church which is an improvement. We just need to work off that and have more and more every week. We did have a pretty cool day yesterday. We had planned to travel up this mountain to visit an investigator after church but she did not come to church two weeks in a row so we decided we were going to make different plans. We thought maybe we will go visit Gabriella to see how she is. When we went she said that her husband had an accident and had to have surgery on his eye. She said we could go in and talk to him. We were talking to him for a while and he said that that morning he prayed that we would come visit him. We were like WHAT!!! It was super awesome. He then sort of gave permission to his wife to get baptized!!!!! Hopefully he will stick to his word!! We are super excited. I know that this is the work of the Lord. This is not our work. Esta obra es la obra del Señor!!!! He really does cause miracles. Through our faith anything is possible. We are preparing everything for the baptism on Saturday! We had another mom and her daughter in church. We are hoping that they will accept a baptismal date for the 12th of October! We also a man named Josè Arevalo. He really enjoyed church. Hopefully he will be getting baptized on the 5th. To answer the question about the Cuy ya mismito!!!! On Wednesday we are invited by an investigator to eat Cuy!!! Should be great!! Mom that would be a great idea to send new razor heads!!! Thanks for the money for the pants!! I am going to ask permission to go to a mall in Cuenca next Pday where I can buy pants!!! Elder Christensen is still in my Zone. They just split the Zone Cuenca into to and they are opening up full new sectors!!! We are in the new zone!!!! There were Sisters in Machala with us and they just took Elder Christensen and I out to be in this new zone but they just took the sisters out because they came to Cuenca, they are going to put Elders back in! I am doing pretty great here. We are still looking for new investigators but I know that we will find them. We just got to keep working!! If you are with Grandma, Hi Grandma!!!! I hope all is well!!! Thanks for your DearElders!!!! Thanks for everything!!! Well I love you all and I hope that you all have a great week in San Diego! Have fun, be careful but I know you guys are in the Lords hands!!! Love you all!!

Love, Elder Duzett




No comments:

Post a Comment