Monday, July 8, 2013

Pretty Good Week

Hola mi familia,
como están todos?
We have had a pretty good week this week. On Thursday we had a conference, training I guess you would call it here in Machala with the new misión President, President Torres. President Torres is awesome. He is a super loving guy. Hey has such a strong testimony. Hey is starting to institute new health rules for the misión. In the training he taught how to wash our hands. It was actually pretty awesome. His family is super humble and awesome. He has three kids that are here with him but one of his daughters has her misión call to Chicago so she will be leaving soon to the Mexico Mtc. It is funny his kids speak English and pretty much no Spanish. I got to talk to him for a second. He was super loving and he just offers words of encouragement. I am glad I have the chance to have him as my misión President. The other good news is that we are going to have a Baptism this Saturday. Her name is Cecibel Gonzalez. She is the cousin of the member I was talking about. She had to work on Sunday so we did not know if she was going to be able to go to church but she actually paid somebody to take her shift. It was awesome. She has a strong testimony. I am super excited for her. We are also starting to find more people to teach. We had 4 investigators in church on Sunday which is not great at all but better than what we had been having. President Torres put a goal for 600 baptisms ever month. But he also put another goal that I really love. He said that recent converts have to go to the Temple to do Baptisms for the dead within 30 days of their baptism if they live in Guayaquil and at a máximum 3 months if they live out of Guayaquil. I think that is awesome. It will help them stay strong and active in the church. We will see what other changes that will come. Transfers are this Sunday or they would have been with President Montalti but we will see what happens. That sports news is pretty crazy. Biedrins huh. Brad Stevens, wow!!!!! That is crazy. The jazz totally should have gone for him!! Thanks for the flash drives!!! we will see. I haven´t gotten mail for like 1 month or so. I guess it is a lot harder when we are here in Machala. We do see banana trucks all the time. And full banana things. Sorry about my spelling if it is wrong in this email. But that is all we see. No mountains no ocean nada. That is one thing I definitely miss is the mountains. Anyways I hope that all is well with you guys. Hopefully I will get that package this week or a letter will come through. We will see but we do have a Baptism this week. Anyways have a great week!!!! Love you all tons!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment