Monday, March 25, 2013

Santa Monica Ward - Guayaquil Ecuador

Hello Family!!! How are you all doing? This week has been a pretty great week. I got my package and my drivers license along with some letters on tuesday because all the new missionaries had interviews with President Montalti at the office. Thanks so much for the package. Last Saturday we did not have any baptisms but this Saturday we will have one. Wilmer Erraez is our investigator. He is a funny guy but he has gone to church the past two sundays and has his baptismal interview this week so I should have my first baptism this Saturday. I am pretty excited. We eat at members houses for every lunch. The food is actually pretty good. It is chicken and rice almost everytime with verdes which are bannana slices that are smashed and fried like chips or french fries. They are actually pretty good. The only problem with the food is they give you so much of it. They start off with a bowl of soup which could be the whole meal but then they give you a huge plate of food. It is tough to eat it all but it is getting easier. How we do our laundry is there is a lady in the ward that we pay four dollars a week and she washes our clothes. It is actually pretty nice not having to wash it ourselves. It has been pretty darn hot here this week. I swear I am always soaking wet, it is kind of gross. It has not really rained much here this week either. It is crazy the snow that you guys got this past weekend. Dad, thank you so much for the pictures they are awesome. The bathroom looks awesome. I wish I could see it for real but I will later. One thing that is different here is the ward parties. This past week was ward conference and so that had activities every night. We went to the talent show because they had invited a lot of nonmembers. We did not get to see the talent show because it was supposed to start at 8 but did not start until nine so we had to go but there ward parties go until midnight or 1 or 2 in the morning. It is crazy. They also had hotdogs with this sauce on them. They were actually pretty good. Add them to the list, Chicago Dogs and Guayaquil Dogs. Anyways I hope you guys have had a wonderful week. I love you all and miss you all greatly. I wish sometimes you guys were here with me but I know that cannot be. All the challenges of the mission are definately worth it. The spiritual experiences make it all worth it. I love you all so much.

Love, Elder Benjamin Berg Duzett

 
 
 Here is a picture from the Peru MTC that Ben's teacher sent us.

 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Todd for inviting me to read your blog too!!! What fun to read his experiences. I am definitely a person who wants to know whats going on in Ecuador and would read anyones blog I could find!!! Every missionary sees things so differently!! I loved reading this and catching up with you I will now be a follower of Elder Duzett's Blog!!! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete